LEGO STEAM Camp is OPEN!
Little Sparks Technology Camp is open for registration! The Little Sparks camp has been a huge success in the past but with an effort to promote social distancing, and safety, we have been forced to reduce the number of students invited to participate. Sign up today as space is limited.
For the third year, South Jersey Robotics team Velocity, STEAMworks and the United Advocacy Group are teaming up to offer the Little Spark Technology Camp. This hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) camp, exposes students, grades 3rd – 8th, to cutting edge technologies such as robotics, computer programming, and chemistry while developing their ability to think critically and become problem solvers.
Our children are the most important asset we have in our community. Unfortunately, Southern New Jersey students are falling behind in high-tech education when we compare them to the rest of the State. Their education is vital to building a vibrant and thriving society and economy. Help us change this statistic by signing up today for Little Sparks Technology Camp.
Unique Art Projects
And much more…
Location: The Alms Center
1 Bridgeton Avenue
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
When: August 10th to August 14th
Time: 8 am to 12 noon
2019 Little Sparks Technology Camp Outcomes:
- 52 students participated in 25 hours of hands-on education
- Students operated and programmed a robot, learned programming and participated in multiple experiments
- Students worked on a team to solve real-life problems
- Students who are exposed to science and math are four times more likely to pursue a career in engineering
Be assured, this camp will follow all CDC guidelines, including:
- Social distance all students, mentors and volunteers
- Take temperatures at the beginning of each day
- Fill out healthcare assessment questionnaires at the beginning of each day
- All attendees wear a mask
- Wash hands frequently
- Sanitize workstations every hour
- Have a single-touch rule for all equipment and materials
- Have fun while learning about Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math
If you would like more information or have any additional questions, please use the form to contact us and we will reply to you shortly.